Hello good people,
The previous update on the ongoing development work for what will be released as v1.4 focused on performance improvements, this time though I’ve got two shiny and highly requested features to announce.
After a long time of cleaning up and debugging compatibility issues, Arachni is now able to natively run on MS Windows (64bit only for the foreseeable future); the package can be found in the nightlies, so please take it for a spin and let me know how it works.
To be 100% clear, the package is purely experimental at this point, it’s something I threw together as a proof of concept, but as it worked perfectly fine during my tests I figured I’d ask for more feedback on how it does and go from there.
From a usage perspective it’s identical to the *nix packages, just extract the archive and run the executables under the “bin” directory, easy peasy.
Some deprecation warnings may show when running “arachni_web”, feel free to ignore them.
Integrating with Arachni has now become easier than ever, thanks to the brand new super simple REST API.
Until v1.4 is properly released, the REST service documentation has been made available as a GitHub Gist.
For a quick taste on what using the REST API looks like check out this brief example.
Enjoy and don’t forget to send feedback.